Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Sabah Snake Grass (Clinacanthus Nutans)

My objective writing this blog is to increase people’s awareness towards herbal treatment. I got to know about this Sabah snake grass (“SSG”) not long ago through my insurance client. He is suffering from nose cancer that is recurring year in year out for the past 10 years. He used to look pale and restless due to the chemo treatment but recently when we met, he seems to be healthier and more energetic and also feeling more positive about life.

Then I began to talk to him about the changes I see in him. That is when I got to know that he has been consuming SSG. According to him, this SSG has been the new ‘oxygen’ for him and he felt much livelier and healthier. He has been on the grass for a month and he intends to continue for as long as he could. However, there is a great shortfall of supplies in the market. Thus, I went to ask around including herbalists, cancer patients and traditional medicine practitioners about this grass. Some of them do know the existence of SSG but also claim that there are very limited supplies. After a few days of making calls and surfing the Internet, I found out that there is a farm in Seremban selling SSG. So I contacted the farm owner and drove to the farm over the weekends.

After speaking to the farm manager, I was told many cases of cancer patients gotten better after consuming SSG. There are patients who suffer from all kind of cancer related diseases are consuming SSG and most of them have shown improvements. The problem with this farm is also shortage of supplies. People coming from all over the country wanting to buy but they only allow 500 leaves for every car. I bought the grass at RM25 for 500 leaves. They are also selling stems for own planting. Well, it does not come cheap though. They charge RM10 for every pot that has only 5 stems.

SSG has also been consumed by diabetics, gout patients and heart problems. Mr Liu who is based in Taiping has told that his neighbour was supposed to undergo heart surgery due to severe blockage of arteries. The neighbour starts to consume SSG and after a few weeks before due date for surgery, there were significant improvements to his heart condition and no surgery is required. I myself are suffering from gout, I will update the progress once I have seen significant improvements.

The leaves I bought were given to this client of mine and it could only last him 3 days as he is consuming about 150 leaves a day. I have tried contacting numerous parties to ask for the leaves but all are telling me shortage of supplies.

You may want to get your supplies of the grass from Angela 010 515 3186. I have been buying constant supplies from her for my clients. She can all year long constantly but on a first come first serve basis. Apparently she can commit to supply to you all year long.

There are a few more contacts out there but most of the time run out of supplies. For the past few months, I have been getting my supplies for my cancer stricken clients through the abovementioned contacts.

Following are the recommended amount of consumptions for treatment of cancer based on the summarized facts from various websites and enquiries with practitioners:

Stage 1: 30 leaves daily

Stage 2: 50 leaves daily

Stage 3: 100 leaves daily

Stage 4: 200 leaves daily (100 leaves at each time)

Critical stage: 300 leaves daily (100 leaves at each time)

Steps in preparing SSG:

a) Pour half cup of clean water in a blender

b) Add a quarter of lemon or half a lime (lemon preferred to avoid gastritis)

d) Wash the required fresh SSG leaves and put them into the blender

e) Peel a green apple and remove the core/seeds and cut into quarter and blend

f) Blend and drink immediately or within 5 minutes

I have met with a surviving cancer patient that has been consuming SSG for many years. Even after chemo, he has no problems with ulcer and throat infections and following are his recommended pointers:

* Since herbal is very “cooling” for women, especially, you may slice some ginger and blend together. Also, do not wash SSG unless you are going to consume it.

# It is recommended to chew a few leaves first to let the brain process what we are consuming. This helps to avoid bloated stomach if the blended juice are swallowed or gulped quickly. This will help to increase better absorption when the body can release the proper enzyme.

Recommended food to avoid:

Sugar and products made with sugar, dairy products^, honey, kembong fish, ray fish, 7 angled-fish, chicken meat, duck meat, yam, glutinous rice, margarine, durians, bird nest, ginseng and other rejuvenating herbs.

^ Dairy products contain mucus that provide a conducive environment for cancer cells to grow.

Other pointers recommended to take note:

Do not consume 2 days before and after and during chemotherapy or radiology.

Do not consume together with other herbs.

Do not take if you have taken durian (this was based on personal experience)


Apparently this plant is also good for kidney patients, high uric acid and sugar.

That is all the information I have about Sabah snake grass for the time being. I am experimenting on growing the plant. Shall update once I have successfully grown the plant.

7 comments:

  1. yup, it works but in varying degrees for different ailments n different people. i been consuming it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I have recovered after my recent ops in Island Hospital, Penang, excess SSG makes my feet and hands swollen. I have stopped taking them. They have done their job. I wont overdo it any more. There r limitations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did the right thing Bengbeng. Everything must be in moderation. What happens if you still take aspirin after the headache is gone?

    After sometime you can consume SSG again but much less, it's just for prevention.

    Take care, now!

    FYI I've been planting SSG since 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    may i know where is the farm & how to get in contact with them. Wanted to plant it for own consumption.

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, i found out about this at a sale and bought and planted the ssg. you can see the picture here. It's actually quite easily planted and grows quite easily. http://mommywhathappen.com

    I'm just wondering, how do you consume the leaves for high cholesteroil, acid uric, high blood pressure & gout? how many leaves per day? I have high cholesteroil problem and i'm now wondering whether this will help.

    Also, is it necessary to blend with green apple? how about consuming the leaves on its own? will it work?

    ReplyDelete